We have been providing grounds and environmental maintenances services since 2000, as part of Wyre Forest Community Housing (a member of The Community Housing Group) In 2009, we launched a new brand name, Oakleaf Grounds Services and implemented an ambitious business plan which has enabled us to successfully grow the service.
We now have:
- A skilled team of over 60 employees including managers, technical officers, arboriculturalists, cleaners and apprentices
- A large fleet of specialised and liveried vehicles
- Modern equipment and plant including cylindrical mowers, rotary mowers, gang mowers, snow ploughs and gritters
- We attribute a large part of this success to our dedicated and experienced teams and their commitment to providing an excellent service to customers
- All of our employees undergo a rigorous selection process which includes enhanced CRB checks and are given a comprehensive induction programme when their contract starts
- To support them during their employment with us, we have established a rolling programme of training and skills development to ensure that they are compliant with best horticultural and sports pitch industry practice and that we meet required health and safety standards
We manage the grounds maintenance contracts for organisations across the whole of the Midlands including:
- Bromsgrove District Housing Trust
- Solihull Metropolitan Borough Council
- Army Reserve Forces and Cadet Association
- Worcestershire County Council
- PFI Schools
- Public and Private Sector Clients
- Wyre Forest Community Housing and Wyre Forest Sheltered Housing
We work in partnership with Local Authorities, Parish and County Councils for emergency planning and flood response works.
We are part of The Community Housing Group and benefit from the administrative and support services of the Group (including finance, human resources and IT) which helps us to keep our costs competitive and pass on savings to our customers.
We hold Public Liability Insurance of £15m and conduct in depth risk assessments to meet independent audit requirements on a regular basis.